AR-15 Basics: Intro To America's Rifle
Time & Location
About The Event
Intro to AR-15: America's Rifle is a combination of classroom and range time. Students will learn the background & history of the rifle and gain a working knowledge of how the rifle functions, available options & upgrades, calibers, optics and basic maintenance.
**This class does not discuss tactics or defensive techniques; however this class will prepare students to move on to more advanced classes.**
If you are a new owner or someone thinking about purchasing one, this class will provide you with valuable information. If you have not yet purchased a rifle, there are .22lr versions available for use. (+$)
As an added bonus: Range time will include students shooting of NRA-MQP (Marksmanship Qualification Program) Pro-Marksman qualification!
- This class will require approx. 4 or 5 hours total time depending on class size & student knowledge.
- A minimum 100 rounds of ammo needed (150 recommended).
- AR-15 platform rifle (.22 lr, .223, or 5.56 calibers or PCC (pistol caliber carbine) 9mm )
- (.22lr rifle available if needed ($) )
- Safety glasses & hearing protection (available if needed)
- Range / Weather appropriate clothing: no open toe shoes, no sleeveless or low cut shirts. Hat/visor recommended.
- Safety minded attitude
- Water / Snacks / Lunch (you will not have time to leave range)
- Extra magazines
Cost: $95 (bringing own gun & ammo)
Additional Fees: IF NEEDED
Gun: $25 (.22 lr)
Ammo: $5 (100 rounds .22lr)*
*YOU MAY BRING YOUR OWN .22lr High Velocity ammo IN ORIGINAL CONTAINER.